Friday, November 9, 2007

Wrapping up Blog World

Day two was significantly quieter... I suspect Vegas claimed a few victims overnight! Going to one more session on social networking proved to be one too many as the info wasn't as helpful as yesterday's sessions. I just finished a session on mic technique by the rep from Shure - the crowd was pretty sparse, which was a shame because he put together a nice (if a bit techie) piece. Shure mics are outstanding for the more advanced podcasters out there (their price points tend to be higher than I'd recommend for newbies).

I got to meet Rob Walch at the Wizzard Media booth, and we had a nice chat about all things podcasting and - of course - the iPhone. Rob's an important voice in podcasting (Podcast 411 is a place I tell all people to check out). I also got a chance to see Justine from iJustine wandering about. She was the one with the massive iPhone bill video that got a kajillion views this summer on YouTube.

All in all, a great show. I think I'm going to skip out on the Mark Cuban keynote... if he was going to talk about whether he was going to buy a hockey team, I'd probably go, but for now... I'm ready to grab some coffee and wait up for my red eye back to DC. I've got a lot of work to do based on some of the great info and networking here!

No comments: