Tuesday, December 19, 2006

CLE rush

The end of the year for some lawyers means compliance time... many states require lawyers to log a certain number of hours taking Continuing Legal Education (CLE) classes. As a proud member of the Oregon State Bar, I'm finishing up my three year requirement with a few weeks to spare. If you are a member of the OSB or the WSB, there is a great free CLE resource at freecle.com. It is a lifesaver if you need ethics credits in particular. Unfortunately, there aren't any elimination of bias or child abuse reporting courses there, so the OSB will be getting some additional money out of me this year so I can learn about those (mandatory) subjects.

My holiday reading list will include Rules for the Revolution, the legal guide to podcasting. I hope to post a review in the near future...

No comments: